Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter Break Shenanigans.

Welcome back everyone! If your break was anything like mine, those three weeks went by in the blink of an eye and you kept busy hanging out with friends and family. Since I live about 30 minutes north of Saint Mike's, I was around a lot, but it was also nice to be free of the obligations of class and work for a little bit to catch up with people and enjoy the night life of Church Street now that I'm 21. I did more than I thought I did over break, so I thought I'd share some of that with you guys!

A gorgeous winter night on Church Street!
I ended up going downtown a few nights over break with friends from the Air Force, high school, and even some new friends I made over break! New Years Eve downtown was probably the most memorable night - I went on a bar crawl with some great friends and everywhere we went it was so packed, but still a ton of fun. If you're ever around Burlington for the holidays, I would recommend you go down to church street on New Years, it's a blast!

Made these from scratch!
I also found myself doing things I don't usually do over break since I had a ton of free time, which included baking oddly enough. I am definitely not a good cook, but the sudden urge to look up a recipe and make chocolate chip cookies from scratch came over me one day and I went at it! Luckily I didn't burn them and they were actually pretty good.

Four Year Strong at Higher Ground
Finally, I ended my break by going to a concert at Higher Ground in Burlington for a band called Four Year Strong a few days ago. They play rock and punk music and they were incredible! They were a band I listened to a lot in high school and I hadn't heard any of their recent stuff, but once I found out they were coming to Vermont, I spent a whole night listening to everything they've ever written to get hyped for their concert. If you've never been to a concert at Higher Ground, even if rock or punk music isn't your thing, you should go sometime! They always manage to get some great bands to come and play.

Overall, my break was whimsical and care free and a much needed de-stressor. What did you all do over break? I hope you had as much of a fun and relaxing time as I did!

Cheers to another great semester, which also happens to be my last one...help?

No comments:

Post a Comment