Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Mission Complete!

So, it's official - I'm a published author!

It feels so amazing to finally be done with my book. It's been such a crazy and hectic and rewarding experience, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Check it out!

It's tangible! It's in my hand! It's done!
Throughout the book, my partner and co-author Tara Keady and I covered a variety of topics ranging from LGBTQ people in the American military to a new take on gender nonconformity. We got to interview a bunch of amazing people who had incredible stories about their involvement in the LGBTQ community, how they have been involved in policies and activism concerning the LGBTQ community, and even how they have combatted and overcome oppression in various parts of the world.

It was so awesome to be able to include all of these great people while simultaneously analyzing a facet of life I'm not only personally involved in, but very fascinated by. I got to discuss shows like Orange Is the New Black and Empire while also going into my background as an openly gender fluid male in the American military. It was an experience that would have been wildly out of my comfort zone to do just three years ago, but I'm so glad I did it now.

I'll keep you all posted on ordering details if you're interested in reading it! I'm excited to share it with all of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment