Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving, Reflection, and Classes.

Hey everyone!

Wow, I'm a little late with this post, but I guess that's how things are going to be at this time in the semester. I can't believe there's just one week left after break before finals! I'm so excited for next semester, but I'm kinda sad to see this one go to. Going to miss all of my friends and fellow juniors who are studying abroad next semester! (It looks like I'm going to have to take up letter-writing...this should be interesting!)

Anyway, now that Thanksgiving is just two days away, I think this is a really important time for people to reflect on the year they've just put behind them and how truly fortunate they are to be going to college, working, or whatever they're doing in life with their friends, families, and loved ones. Even though I only live thirty minutes north of St. Michael's, I know I don't see my family as often as I'd like to from time to time, and although they can get annoying and clingy, they're family - gotta love 'em. Fortunately for me, my family has invited two other families to come celebrate Thanksgiving with us this year as well as my grandparents. It's gonna be a full house with tons of food!
Don't mind if I do!
Aside from the food, fun, and thoughtfulness that comes with Thanksgiving, I've also been excited recently because I finally solidified my schedule of classes for next semester! This is huge because I originally didn't register at my scheduled time because I thought I would be studying abroad, but I was finally able to make things work to create a schedule of classes I'll need with the help of amazing professors and coordinators in the registrar's office - you guys rock!

EN-403-A - Film & History (HON)
MJD-210-A - Photojournalism in the Digital Age
MJD-219-B - Communication for Social Good
PY-103-A - Acoustical Foundations of Music
EN-306-A - Shakespeare Performs: On Screen

Hopefully I picked a good mix of classes that will challenge me while offering me different kinds of work (not all papers, for example) so I'll be able to stay sane! I'm focusing heavily on English and Media Studies next semester, primarily because I only have 4 Business classes left to complete the major! It feels odd and almost uncomfortable being so close to completing my degree requirements, and after next semester, I'll only have 4 MJD classes left and one LSC!

Well those are the big events going on in my life lately. I know I'm ready to get home and have some downtime (although PLENTY of homework will be getting done), and I'm sure many of you are already home and enjoying it! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving - I hope you all take some time to think about just how fortunate you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment