Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's About That Time.

Hey everyone!

Looks like it's about that time again - fall! Fall is my favorite season by far. I love the way the leaves cover the ground in myriads of red, orange, yellow, and green, how the air becomes a bit colder, and how everything just smells so, I don't know, fall-y! Plus, I get to wear sweaters now, and I've been waiting too long to break some of those out!

Anyway, as the halfway point of the semester approaches (it's really going fast!), I like to stop and take some time to enjoy the outside, get away from the stresses of work and homework, and just relax with friends or by myself. The foliage around campus is already really beautiful, and now that Quad Commons is finally finished, there's no more construction to detract from it!


I snapped this photo on the way to class the other day. The colors around campus create such a nice, homey feeling, and I'm loving every day of fall! Definitely the perfect time for tea and Netflix for hours or cracking open a good book. (homework permitting!)

Now, funny thing about work lately - since the government shutdown occurred last week, I've been out of a job. This has its perks and nuances, of course, but so far it's been nice to have some extra time to catch up on homework, sleep, and enjoy the semester a little bit more! It's stressful enough having 6 1/2 classes for sure, but work on top of that just breaks me some days. 


Air Force, HUA!

I've been going downtown a lot more lately as well, which has been really great. It always surprises me how many places exist downtown that I had no idea about every time I go, and when I went earlier today, my friend Shelbie showed me a place called Delia's Tea. And I was not disappointed! The tea was exquisite, and she ordered us some sort of treat with lumped rice and bean paste that tasted really...peculiar. It was one of those foods that I didn't know if I should classify as good or bad, but I just kept eating it anyway...weird, right? But the calm atmosphere, the quick service, and the antique shop itself were all really awesome!


Just look at that teapot! I'm also an excellent creep when it comes to taking pictures of people. :)

Well, that's basically been my week in a nutshell! Over the next two weeks, I have three midterms to deal with...bummer. I'll try to keep you all updated as much as possible between breathing and studying, so keep me in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment