Friday, September 26, 2014

Reflection Time.

Happy Friday everyone! I bet you all have some big plans for the weekend. I can't wait to hang out with friends and enjoy a few days off myself.

In the mean time, I made time to visit my parents this past Tuesday and it was really great. Since I only live about 30 minutes from campus in northern Vermont, I suppose I could go home more often, but I just love being on campus so much and I've been so busy this year already that I don't have time to go often.

When I got there, my mom had dinner ready and all my pets were so happy to see me! It was such a good feeling, and it also gave me some time to just get away from school and homework and think about other things.

My boy Duncan was happy to see me. Can't believe he's 10 this year!

Baby Suri lounging on the table. She makes anything her bed.
I'm always thankful to be home, especially when I get opportunities to talk to my mom about life post-college (I know, it's a scary thought). I told her I was thinking about vamping up my resume and looking for jobs in graphic design or advertising in places like New York City, Boston, or California. I picture myself being somewhere where there's a lot of people, and I know that I would enjoy doing those jobs for just about any company.

Fortunately, Saint Mike's has a Career Development Office where I can go to make my resume just right! As weird as it is to be graduating this year, I'm also excited to get out in the world and see what opportunities come up for me. I'll probably start applying for jobs next semester!

All in all, senior year has definitely been interesting so far, and I'm trying to enjoy every last moment of college I have left, but it's always wise to look ahead and prepare for the future too. I hope you all have been thinking about the future from time to time when you have breaks from your busy lives as well. It comes faster than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment