Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 3: The Holiday Season at Saint Mike's!

Hope you've all been enjoying your Tuesday despite this awful weather. I literally can't even walk one step outside without falling flat on my face. I can only imagine what my car will look like in the morning.

Speaking of winter, the lights have officially gone up at Saint Michael's for the holiday season! For those of you who may not know, every winter when students return from winter break, staff at Saint Michael's decorate some of the larger trees around campus with lights to commemorate the holiday season, and I love when they go up not only because they signal that finals will be over soon (how did we get to the end of the semester again by the way?), but also because their presence just makes the campus feel that much more vibrant.

Blurry lights by the chapel.
Personally, Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. I love how happy everyone is and how I get to spoil my friends and family and not even care how much money I'm spending (to a reasonable extent...I mean, come on, I'm still a college student). But presents aside, I just love the mood of the holiday season more than anything else. Despite the cold, people always seem to be happier to talk to you and more excited about life in general, which are two qualities I could really use in a person right around this stressful time of finals studying and no sleep.

I'm sad to see the semester coming to an end so soon, but I'm also stoked to take on my last semester at Saint Michael's and a whole new variety of courses! I'll have to keep you all posted on those, but I think it's going to be my best (and busiest) semester yet.

I hope you all have a great holiday season. While dealing with the chaos that is finals week, make sure you try to get outside, look at the lights, and de-stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment