Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 4: Friends of the Semester.

Hello everyone! Although it looks like I'm getting sick I slept nearly eleven hours last night because of that, I am still alive somehow. Last night, we got the first big snowstorm of the winter season! Even though I'm not a huge fan of being cold all the time and I have no coordination whatsoever, I love the look of snow and how you can use it as the perfect getaway from homework.

Looks like some students got a little too carried away...
Winter snowstorm aside, I wanted to use this post to share some of the new friends I've made this semester with you all. I always find it funny how drastically different each semester is for me, and just when I think I've met pretty much everyone on campus, new people come along in a slew of different ways.

This is my friend Casey and I back in September. I knew who she was last semester, but being 21 has led me to go out more often and we've hung out more that way.

Shannon and I have been friends for a little while, but I feel like our friendship really took off this semester since we have a class together.

Jessica and I met over the summer through a mutual friend, and I was surprised to learn that she goes to Saint Michael's because I'd never seen her before! Ironically, we have a class together this semester too. Go figure.
So, I guess the point of this post is just to always be open to making new friends or becoming closer to people as time progresses. As small as Saint Michael's is, I'd say I meet someone new and become friends with them at least once every week or two, and it's not always through having a class with them. In a community like Saint Michael's, everyone tends to know everyone, but there are always great people out there that you still haven't met. That's one of the many reasons I love going here.

No comments:

Post a Comment