Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Exploring Bergeron.

All my fellow Media Studies majors surely know the one and only Bergeron, located right across the street from Alliot, but for those of you who may not know this building all too well, here's your chance to get to know it better! Since it's used mainly by Media Studies majors and minors, it's no wonder that many students may have little to no knowledge of the building itself and its ins and outs. Luckily, I've got lots of information and various photos to offer!

A view from the outside - how quaint!
I love the architecture of this building especially.
Here's a view of the one and only classroom in the building. 
The smaller lab in the building - as you can see, it was packed with seniors working on their senior seminar projects!
The larger lab (also used as a classroom) is probably my favorite room in the building. I'm here almost every day!
Another view of the larger lab - us Media Studies majors and our photos!
The purpose of Bergeron is to provide a quality experience for those interested specifically in Media Studies by offering computer labs, digital cameras, equipment, many different useful programs, and an abundance of other useful resources that are pivotal to learn and use in the journalism world.

I don't know much about Bergeron's history, nor could I find any reliable resources online about it, but I do have many memories with this building. Since I declared my Media Studies major early in my sophomore year, I've spent more than one all-nighter there finishing various projects for classes such as Advanced Digital Media II, which focuses heavily on creating animations in a program called Adobe Flash, and Photojournalism, of course.

For Media Studies majors and minors, Bergeron quickly becomes a home-away-from-home...away-from-home. Some nights are intense and stressful and I really don't want to be there, but in the end, Saint Michael's and my Media Studies experience wouldn't be as unique and enriching without it.

I'm so anxious and excited to be starting my senior year soon, and I'm looking forward to one last hurrah in Bergeron. It's tough love, but it's love nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment