Saturday, February 8, 2014

#Awkward.

Hey everyone!

Well it looks like the Friday post didn't happen, but I'm making up for it today! Between doing my taxes, going to drill, and trying to keep up on homework and life, I finally found some time, so let's talk about the many awkward things that have happened to me over the past two days!

Yesterday, I went out with my friends Leena and Tiffany to go see the movie That Awkward Moment starring Zac Efron, one of my favorite actors/people of all time! We went to Essex Cinemas and despite the fact that I should've been getting ample sleep because I had drill early this morning to wake up to, I decided having fun took precedent over sleeping well (the college way, of course).

The movie was fantastic and featured some new actors I'd never seen in anything else, and the plot was surprisingly not too cheesy romantic comedy for me, which made the movie even more interesting to watch! I don't want to spoil it for you all, but let's just say the awkward moments in the movie make it shine when coupled with the romantic scenes in a way I've never seen done in another movie.

Here's the poster for it - you all should definitely watch it if you haven't already!
In other less comedic news (or perhaps more comedic, depending on how you view my suffering), my car window on the driver's side is no longer functional for the moment. Pretty awkward story of how this happened too - so this morning after starting my car and making my way to Dunkin Donuts for my usual donuts and breakfast wraps before drill (I'm addicted, feel free to judge me), I tried to roll down my window, but it was frozen over. When I pulled up to order, I tried pounding it a few times, not thinking I was hitting it that hard, but it wouldn't give in, so I just opened my door to order and get my food...I know, awkward. But that's not even the worst part.

After arriving on base and going through my busy, hectic work day, I head toward my car and prepare to come back to Saint Mike's for a nice dinner with some friends. When I'm about to open the door, I notice my window is down. Thinking I must've just left it down by accident, I get in my car, start it up, and try to roll the window back up...no use. All I could hear were the sounds of the mechanism inside my door trying to roll it up and down, but the window wouldn't budge.

Needless to say, I was on the phone trying to call all the auto shops I could find (I even employed my parents to help me), but there was absolutely no place open at 5 PM on a Saturday of course, which led to perhaps the most awkward moment of all - duct taping my window up from the inside in front of everyone in the Ross parking lot, in my military uniform. I'd love to say that this kind of thing never happens in my life, but I'd be lying.

Anyway, that was my weekend so far in a nutshell, and I hope you enjoyed/felt pity while reading about it! I'll hopefully remember to post something in a more timely fashion tomorrow, but if an auto shop is magically open and ready to fix my car, that may not happen. Send prayers for Lafawnduh IV (I think of odd car names, I know), and I'll definitely keep you all updated on more awkward moments in my life, which seem to come pretty constantly.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment