Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snow!

Hey y'all,

So since I was pretty negative about the snow in my last post, I decided I'd try to redeem myself and share some fun facts with you all about the most recent storm this past Valentine's Day and another storm that was similar in date but much more drastic - do you all remember the Valentine's Day storm of 2007?

Well if you were around Vermont (or anywhere relatively close in the North East for that matter) at the time, you surely remember it. Cambridge, VT got the most snowfall in the 2007 storm at 36" (I remember almost the entire bottom half of my front door being covered in snow!) It was a beautiful day for children around Vermont and quite possibly an awful day for adults, especially plow workers, because of their worries about work, getting out of the driveway for basic needs, etc. But since I was a kid (as were many of you most likely), I'm sure you share my happy sentiments about it and enjoyed a nice few days off because of it!

Cars off the road from the most recent Valentine's Day storm - scary stuff! Photo courtesy of the Burlington Free Press
Look at all the snow at Stowe from the 2007 storm!
While winter can be beautiful, it's important to keep in mind how unpredictable and dangerous it can be as well! Here's a link about the most recent storm for your perusal if you're interested too! Although I don't look forward to getting school off like I used to (come on, it's Saint Mike's! You know I wanna be in class), I do like to wake up to a completely new, white world of snow - something about it just makes me feel so at home and relaxed.


No comments:

Post a Comment