Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mini-Break.

So as you all probably know, we got this past Friday off, and many people are taking advantage of the opportunity (even though it's just one extra day tacked onto the weekend, basically), by traveling home and seeing their loved ones. Since I only live half an hour north of campus, I figured I'd do the same and see my family and my pets (I missed them so much!) since I hadn't been home since mid-January.

Home is a magical place when compared to college. It's the land of flipflopless showers, no alarm clocks, and pigging out on whatever food you can find. I love that my house has become a sort of sanctuary because of college in some ways (mainly because I can avoid homework and do nothing), but I also love being at college because I feel so much more productive and I get to see all my friends. There are pros and cons to both I suppose, but hey I'm not complaining about doing nothing for a couple of days.

The drives to and from home may be my favorite part about going home - I love listening to my music on full blast and singing my heart out! Plus you get to see some awesome views like these :)
Have I told you all that I love cats? Because I really do. This is my cat Suri being a diva on my lap.
 And here's my other cat Troy, on the prowl for more food after he just got some...what a scrounge!
After nice drives and spending time with my animals, I got to my other favorite at-home activity - watching movies with my family. This weekend, we watched Monster's University, the prequel to the Disney classic Monsters Inc. - it was really good! I won't spoil it for you all in case you haven't seen it, but in the film you see completely new and different sides to Mike and Sully and how their relationship came to be through coming together in scaring school.

In essence, I suppose my weekend consisted of letting my 14-year-old self run free. If you don't ever do that, you should try it sometime - it's a nice way to relax and de-stress from the often stressful environment that is college.

No comments:

Post a Comment