Sunday, February 2, 2014

Back At It Again!

Wow, it's definitely been a while, but I'm happy to say I'm now an official full-time blogger for Saint Michael's College!

I suppose I should start from where I left off at the end of last semester filling you all in about everything, so bear with me!

First of all, it was amazing to have a really nice, relaxing Christmas break after the complete chaos that was finals week of last semester. It was hard because my best friend and old roommate Jesse left for Navy basic training on December 13th, so I've been eagerly waiting for him to graduate so I can talk to him again! Writing letters to him has been a pretty neat experience too (you never realize how much more satisfaction you get from getting something physical in the mail from someone as opposed to just a text message). He graduates this Friday and I'm so proud of him!

Over Christmas break, I probably did way too much relaxing and not enough preparing for this semester, but now that I'm about to start week 4 tomorrow, I think I'm getting pretty used to things. The most eventful part of the break was probably the Our Last Night concert I went to at Higher Ground in Burlington - it was so epic!

For those of you who don't now them, they're a rock band from New Hampshire that I've been following since I was a freshman in high school. They put on an amazing show, and I even got to meet their lead singer Trevor Wentworth afterward!

Me and Trevor Wentworth, he was such a cool dude!

Me and a few friends from high school had a reunion at the show! (Excuse the sweat...we rocked out hard)
After the Our Last Night concert, I basically spent the rest of my break getting everything in order to come back to Saint Michael's and working at the Air National Guard base. Since I've been back, I've been jumping right into my courses and trying to find time to be more social instead of being bogged down (hopefully running this blog will help that cause as well!)

Last week, I unfortunately suffered a death in the family - my cat I've had since I was 5 named Timon. That's made things a little more hectic lately as well, but I've been dealing with it well and I'm glad he got to live a long, fun-filled life with my family who loved him so much.

This is a picture I took of Timon last Thanksgiving - he's so fluffy!
Not to make this post too long and/or sad, I think I'll stop there for now. I'm trying to maintain a regular schedule of posting on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, so be sure to stop in on those days to check out what's going on with me and Saint Mike's! This Tuesday I'll make a post about my classes so you all can check it out - I have an interesting mix this semester!

And with that, I'm signing out. Happy Superbowl Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment