Tuesday, March 18, 2014

More Photography!

Well here I am, keeping my promise to myself after a long day of slight homework and a lot of being lazy that I would post as much as possible this week (go me!). Yesterday, I decided to get a head start on one of my photojournalism projects due next week, so I thought I'd share it with you all! It's an assignment about "environmental portraits," which basically means capturing a posed portrait of someone in their natural environment (home, work, etc.) that tells something about them without having to use words to do so.

This assignment was fairly simple to me since I used my mom as the subject. Knowing that her favorite things on Earth are cats and that my house has many cat decorations (and actual cats, for that matter), I went to work and produced some pretty nice images.

I really like this lighting in this one, how organized everything is on the stand, and the subtlety of the cat.

Troy and my mom in their natural habitat - he's just so cute!

I really love the composition of this one.

There's the smile! Gotta love her.
I had a blast shooting with my mom despite her insisting she looked bad, which was totally not true! She got into it more as we kept shooting and really opened up, and that's when you know you've established a good connection with your subject (granted it was easier for me in this case because it was my mom), but this sort of connection can be easily gained with friends or strangers as long as your friendly and considerate.

Well, I'm sure I'll have something else to share with you all tomorrow since I plan on seeing my friend Mimi at Champlain College, and we never have a definite plan, so who knows what we'll be up to! 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment