Sunday, March 2, 2014

Music Sunday.

Hey everyone!

Do you want to have your own radio show? I've thought about the idea for a while, since St. Mike's offers up the opportunity at the beginning of each semester to any individual or duo who wants their own 2-hour show on WWPV the Mike (St. Mike's radio station), and I think I might go for it next semester since it's a little too late at this point. I like the idea of just having a couple of hours to relax, perhaps with a friend of mine, while playing some tunes while getting some work done. I've always used music as a solace and a tool to get in the zone when I have responsibilities to uphold or even if I'm just getting a good workout in at the gym, so I think a radio show would just deepen my love for it that much further!

I usually listen to harder music like rock, metal, or hardcore when I'm at the gym or just feeling like I'm in the mood, but when I'm in the car or hanging out with a few friends, I'll usually play more pop or hip hop. I'm not gonna lie, I can get down to some Miley or some Ke$ha, but I try not to overkill that kind of music since the radio does that enough without my help.

WWPV's new setup on the second floor of the Dion Family Student Center (photo courtesy of WWPV 88.7 The Mike)
The station's old setup in St. Edmunds Hall (photo courtesy of WWPV 88.7 The Mike)
From what I understand. the school leaves it pretty open as to what you can play and when, but the only rule is there can't be any profanity in the songs that you play. I'm definitely going to look into this for next semester, and if you're interested in learning more, here are some links for you to check it out!

WWPV Website: http://wwpv.smcvt.edu
WWPV Blog: http://wwpv.wordpress.com/events/

No comments:

Post a Comment