Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tattoo Adventures!

Tattoos are an intriguing thing. They can have the deepest meanings and personal connotations for some, while for others, they may simply get them and admire them for their artistic nature. I had always wanted tattoos when I was younger, but I wasn't sure what I would get and to be honest, I would always shy away from them because I was afraid and didn't know what to expect. But this year, I really wanted to try something new and prove to myself that I was spontaneous, and there was one way to do so that I'd been thinking about for a long time: conquering my fear of tattoos.

I don't know if I've told you all before now, but I got my first two tattoos this past January during the first week of classes. I decided to get the words "worry less" on one forearm, and "love more" on the other as a personal mantra for me to follow when life gets hard, and I love them to death.

Here they are a couple of hours after I got them!
After getting these two and finally experiencing what it's like to get tattoos, I discovered it wasn't so bad! I definitely want to get more and I've started a list of a few larger pieces that I'm planning (which I'm sure I'll share with you all), but I decided to get another this past Monday at Vermont Custom in Downtown Burlington!

It was a pretty whimsical decision because a couple of my friends wanted to get their cartilages pierced, and I'd been itching for another tattoo since the first two anyway, so I decided to go for it! I went with my idea of my mother's birthday (6/26/69) in roman numerals on my front left shoulder blade, and it was a neat experience this time because I'd already had tattoos and because my friends were also getting something done.

Just casually getting tattooed, no biggie.

The finished product!
I'm saving up now and starting to plan my larger piece that'll go on my right arm, and hopefully I'll be able to get it done sometime in April! Tattoos are a wonderful thing, but make sure you really give some thought to what you want before you go because it'll be on your body forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment