Saturday, March 1, 2014

Friday (K)Night Dry!

It seems like I might as well move my blogging schedule to Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday at this point since I'm always doing something exciting around campus on Friday nights - last night, it was Friday Night Dry!

For those of you who may not know, Friday Night Dry is something that St. Mike's puts on usually once a semester where they'll hold a bunch of games, concerts, performances, and a raffle for everyone to come enjoy and participate in! It's a great way to get out, meet new people, and become involved in an unconventional way (as opposed to drinking and partying, for example, which is why it's called Friday Night Dry).

First I went to see Dog Sees God, a play that the St. Mike's Drama Club put on in the Trapdoor Theatre in McCarthy, and it was awesome! (If you haven't seen it, you should go tonight at 7 because they're putting it on again! Same time, same place). I had a few friends in the play and I met a few new people there as well, and I loved seeing the talent of St. Mike's Drama Club live!

My friend Julia and I at Dog Sees God last night - she's the best!
A shot of the Acabellas performing last night - Maggie Bogan, one of my best friends, is in the middle (please don't hate me for this!)
In short, I had an awesome time going out with some friends and taking a break from the usual homework-filled nights I tend to have. That being said, now that the homework is piling up and my time is running out before Monday, I should probably get to that, but if you didn't go to last night's Friday Night Dry, you should totally go to one next semester! I promise you'll love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment